Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Beautiful Photograph

While searching for references for the film that I'm working on I stumbled upon this picture. It's been a really long time since I fell in love with something instantly.

At first glance you might not even think it's Indian but look closely. There's an Ambassador taxi there behind the poster of the foreign film. A perfect blend of the West and India.

The entertainment tax-free movie playing is Jack Lemmon's Days of Wine and Roses. To be honest, I hadn't heard of the the movie until now.

This picture was taking in the 1963 by photographer James Burke. Look at the ticket rates- Rs 4, 3, 2, 1, .50. Simply amazing vintage. Can someone help me with the name of the movie hall?

The fact that it is in B&W makes it even more beautiful. I don't want to dissect this picture anymore... just savour in it's beauty people!!

Added a couple more...

These photographs is copyrighted by LIFE.

No comments: