Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The cowboy goes yonder

Phew, its been a month since my last posting... simply too much work... am out of shape as well... so now its time to get back to doing the things I always did... you don’t need to know what those things are :P

And the cowboy is dead... Feroz Khan passed away two days ago... it’s really sad that another Hindi cinema gem has left us. I still remember for some reason watching his Yalgaar on VHS... I must have seen it over 15 times... not because I liked it but well... I owned the VHS and lack of something better gave this dud more viewing...

Gaurav and I had once upon a time thought of one the most ambitious project over tiny brains could come up with and Feroz Khan was one of the actors we wanted to cast. However, that project I don’t think will ever happen. Believe me, it's not lack of creativity or lack of producer that won’t make this project happen but the fact that we had over 20 old timers in there.

There are many Indian actors and directors I want to meet in my life-time and Feroz Khan was one of them. Unfortunately, that’s never going to happen.

Feroz Khan’s biggest contribution to my growing up years was the fact that he was the one who bought Biddu to compose in India for his film Qurbani… His Aap Jaisa Koi Meri Zindagi Mein Aaye was a rage but it was Biddu’s entry into the Indipop scene that really caught my attention and the nostalgia still remains. Thank you Mr. Khan for that… R.I.P. Pasha!!

No comments: