Saturday, November 8, 2008

Director's Notepad (software)

My dearest frand Chelc purchased this software for me from Canada. I worked on the trial version for a while, liked it and blackmailed Chelc into buying it for me.

Is it a good software? - No, it isn't.
Is it user-friendly?- No, it isn't.
Does it get the job done?- Yes, it does.

It took me about 3 days to break an entire feature film script down and it was worth the pain.

Features-
You can add story-boards, voice-notes, regular notes, camera set-ups, cast, location, D/N, I/E, extras, etc.

The best part about it is the print out styles. You can print it out set up style as well as 3X5 cards.

It also has a presentation mode where it looks supercool on a laptop or a projector.

Cons
Doesn't have actor breakdown.

I showed writer Rajat Aroraa about it and he partially liked it. He demonstrated a freeware called Celtix. Will work on it soon and see how it is.

Director's notepad is pretty reasonable. Costs only $29.

You can download the trial version on the following link-
http://www.directorsnotebook.com/

No comments: