Friday, February 27, 2009

Suga Daddies

Recession is in and how… after endorsing the big cola giants our top Bollywood superstars are now relegated to promoting ganna juice.



On my recent trip to Kanpur while being the pillion rider on a never heard before LML Freedom, I spotted this sugarcane vendor whose vinyl banner had Shah Rukh Khan and Priyanka Chopra holding a glass filled with ganna juice. Asked my friend to stop the bike. I had to take a picture of this. Everyone was staring at me and my friend… we were looking like A-grade city folk horny for a pic of Priyanka… It was so cheesy, corny whatever you call it and not something you would find back here in Mumbai.



The next day I found out that almost every sugarcane vendor has similar banners. Salman, Akshay, Katrina, Kareena, Abhishek too had joined the Rs. 3 per glass bandwagon. Photoshop has indeed arrived!!

I don’t really know having these stars on your sign board would help on not… however, if my office maid Vijaya ever saw the board with SRK, I’m sure she would leave town in the very next train to Uttar Pradesh!! (Read next posting)

No comments: