Saturday, December 27, 2008

HOUSE M.D.

Just finished watching the second season of House M.D.... Am partially hooked... not so much into it like I was hooked onto the first season of Lost, Heroes, Monk, M*A*S*H*, NCIS, etc. but nonetheless (well... a little less) a good watch. I recall leaving from work early just so that I could watch Lost.

First saw House on Star World and then a few episodes in the U.S. and now got hold of the entire second and third season...

Hugh Laurie is simply superb as Doctor Gregory House... magnificient is just the right word for his performance of the no-caring all-caring abusing pill popping limping hooker hiring divorced doctor...

I guess one big fault in the show is that the supporting characters arent strong enough... mainly coz all of the other doctors are always proved wrong by House and so they seem pretty lame and incompetent despite using a lot of big medically lingo unheard to the common man before...

and secondly one wonders how on earth the weirdest cases always end up in the hospital in which House is working in... and why despite House always being right do the Dean and even his own colleagues always confront/ contradict him and give him more problems...

I like the way symptons and diseases are explained in the show... never have heard of so many terms but the beauty is the way the docs let the audience know what they are talkign about.

The first medical show that I ever saw was Doogie Houser M.D which I really loved as a kid. That was followed by other shows like Children's Ward, Scrubs, Grey's Anatomy and a sorry excuse for TV shows called Sanjeevani and Ayushman on Indian television... No no, didnt watch the last two... just an episode or so... (I am beyond crap I am beyond crap)

No comments: