Friday, December 5, 2008

Bandook Saints

Phew... long time since my last post and a lot has happened in Mumbai...

Saw a few movies... The Forbidden Kingdom (Predictable), Dostana (Spoilt masala) and The Boondock Saints (really cool).

Boondock Saints is my kind of movie... more on action with minimal doses of drama, a story which moves at the right pace and really good characterization.

Now, I don't know if it's a co-incidence if I saw this movie just prior to the terrorist attacks in Mumbai but I just want to tell you about my confused state of mind.

What's the movie about? Two Irish Brothers accidentally kill a couple of underworld hotshots and turn themselves in. They are released and the public welcomes them as heroes who have wiped some of the scum of the earth. Taking this to be the call of God, the brothers start wiping out all that is evil- Russian, Italian mafia, local goons, etc.

Firstly, I want to tell you that I loved this movie. I loved it for the way the the film was shot, the action and the way the director told the story.

Now, I know killing is not right. As far as I know no religion tells us to kill including Christianity. But then why did it seem so right to me?

Now let me compare this with the recent terrorist attacks... The terrorists came and killed the same way like in Boondock Saints. The only difference was that here the victims were innocent people. But did the terrorists feel the same way? If they didn't then they aren't really different from the Boondock Saints.

So I guess it all boils down to not killing people... So Boondock Saints spread a wrong message... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I know incomplete boring post... but I dont know what to say... I still like the movie... I guess I should just take this as entertainment and not go really deep into it. (still thinks)

No comments: