Friday, October 24, 2008

Watch KarZZZZZZZ!! Get a hole in your PurZZZZZZZ

All right I know that the whole ZZZZZZZZZZZZ thing is pretty cliche. That was the first thing I thought when I came to know that numerology was added in this title as well. However, this title is more grounded as compared to nose-man's debut film Aap Kaa Surroor: The Moviee - The Real Luv Story.

I remember another Karz which released six years ago... Karz- The burden of truth starring Sunny Paaji, Maa Shakti Suniel Shetty and Shilpa Shetty sans Big Brother. Himesh's film could have well been titled Karz- the burden.

Now, let me tell you my expectations before watching this movie. I am by no means a Himesh fan. Do I find him fascinating? Yes, I do. Do I respect his work? Absolutely not. So I go to watch this film hoping for a few unintentional laughs which I did get early on. Himesh dancing on stage as a rock-star with his face bigger that his biceps is hilarious. But the funniest part was when a firang actually fainted in awe watching him- TWICE. After the initial laughs, it just got pretty lame and boring.

Some points I have to mention-
Urmila is supposed to be 25 years older than Himesh in the film. WTF... I mean they could have just bought back Simi Garewal in this version as well. With her surgeries and face-lifts, the 80 year old can pull off being 45.

Himesh is supposed to be 20 years old. He must have never looked 20 in his entire life.

I finally liked Dino Morea in a movie. It took him just 40 of them to get there.

Why the fuck does Gulshan Grover have an electronic arm which makes music?

In Taran Adarsh's latest trade report, he says that Karzzzzz flopped big time in U.K. and U.S. which actually took me by surprise. The 'vicks ki goli lo khich khich door karo' guy has a big fan following out there but it didnt work. It did make me happy for a bit thinking that the audience has finally woken up and is not accepting average masala cinema with huge sets but then it struck me that this could be because of rising inflation and the dipping economy of the U.S. Can Obama or McCain save Himesh's acting career?

The only salvation I got was that I watched this movie on a Vodafone tuesday so got a free ticket and it was a morning show so it cost me only Rs. 90. Didn't go to office as the MNS started their shit again so could watch this film at Fame Adlabs. I love the Vodafone dog and the MNS bitches.

No comments: